Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Why you gotta be so RUDE?!

I haven't blogged about my mental rants in a long time and boy, hitting the keyboard to translate everything I had to endure for the past two days feels so good. Cathartic even. Writing is cheaper than therapy, more wallet-friendly than shopping, and better for your mental and emotional health than going back to an ex or pining for the proverbial "One That Got Away”. 

Rude people are everywhere! 



And admit it, you have been rude to people too at least a couple of times in your life time. That's normal. We are not perfect; but there's also a thin line between having a melt down and having been born rude.

Four days ago a relative told me that I look like a "matrona" with my "fake" eyebrows and has been constantly insulting me since I arrived here in New York. She criticized everything about me; from my weight, to my past life mistakes in the most obscene and boorish way possible. 


my "matrona" eyebrows?

It didn't upset me at first, I was just annoyed. Annoyed because she's not even pretty herself, and she's also fat. Like, how can someone so ugly, afford to be horridly unattractive on the inside too? but it was all okay, until it was not okay for my mom anymore that she called the relative for it. The relative told my mom that she's just being HONEST. Then this relative insulted my mom, things got worse that my mom got really upset for days. That was when I got mad. No bitch, NOT MY MOM. 




I could not find an exact definition of the relative's actions, but the closest I can call it is RUDE. Now how do we distinguish RUDENESS and HONESTY? I can, at least, fill in the blank with my own definition: Rudeness - An act of unnecessarily calling out for people's mistakes and brag about everything but totally incapable of backing it up. 

People of the world, there is an excruciatingly big difference between being honest and being rude.




Being honest is being free of deceit and untruthfulness; sincere. If you are an honest and sincere person then you are totally aware of your strengths, weaknesses ; assets and liabilities. You celebrate who and what you are, while inspiring others and appreciating them.

Being rude, on the other hand, is thinking you're better than everyone else; undermining people, talking shit about them and criticizing them unfairly.




Dear relative, if you're ugly and unaccomplished and has done a lot of mistakes in the past too, yet you criticize me for being the troubled teenager that I was, there is obviously something wrong with the picture. If you toot your dysfunctional horn, but have nothing to show for, you obviously have a problem- especially if you have a life crisis and solve that at the expense of someone's time and salary who paid your apartment and bills while you got busy saving your life problem that you created, I would shut up and walk away if I were you, you ungrateful evil person. 




The real problem is rude people act like they're the shit, when in fact they're not. I don't really like the Indian caste system, but this is one of those times, I'd support it completely. Darling, stick to the minor leagues. The majors are for those who went through so much to prove themselves. Yes, that means you don't have a feather right to be rude. 




It's always better to acknowledge what you can do and others too instead of bad-mouthing them. Just in case you haven't noticed, the people you're talking about don't give a rat's ass about you. Too bad what you're doing will merely reflect poorly on you and increase the other person's visibility. Unfortunately, there's no medicine for the insecure. 




What I like about rude people is that it's so much fun to see them crash after calling them out for their own BS. But mom told me "Ne, walay komo pagpakumbaba. Walay mawala sa atoa. Ang importante, wala ka nakapasakit ug tao." Yes, my mom is definitely right because she is the nicest person on Earth. But I am not my mom, and I am not a nice person especially if you insult me AND my mom several times. There is no way I can put up with that shit. 




The relative should thank my mom for making RESPECT an important value that my brother and I needed to have. Because if she didn't, I would have given her more than what I did this morning, that relative would have gotten a good whooping in her fat and flat ass. 




Wow, now I feel better. Thank God for blogging!





No comments:

Post a Comment