Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dingdong-Marian #DM123014: The wedding that launched a thousand hypocrites

What do you know, my first blog after 5 months of being inactive, blogging wise and my first ever blog for 2015 talks about a couple that I don't even like.

Dingdong is okay. He's handsome alright, and he was one of the matinee idols back in my high school days but I have always disliked Marian. I don't hate her but I have never developed a fascination for her beauty or fashion style to say the least. I don't like her acting, I don't like how she speaks and I don't like her big teeth. Insecure much? Not really. I only get insecure with women who have beauty and brains. No offense Marians, when I say brains, think about Maya Angelou, Oprah, Hillary Clinton and Miriam Defensor or Resci Rizada (a Davao local beauty queen who graduated college with honors and who just graduated law with honors).

(c) Grey's Anatomy


Those are the type of people that irk the hell out of my entirety for not being born like them, but when I saw Marian in her wedding dress, I was stunned. She IS beautiful. In fact, I believe I spent 80% of my December 30, 2014 liking posts about their wedding. The bride was stunning, the groom was unsurprisingly handsome and the people invited were all beautiful of course.

(c) Marian Rivera's Offcial facebook account 


My Facebook newsfeed was filled with the wedding details. I was not surprised at all since they are both major television stars but then again, we all have different reactions towards the event. One Facebook friend who lives in the states who couldn't care less about the couple got so annoyed over the flood posts that she opted to sleep rather than dwell on the annoyance of seeing deets that she doesn't need on her newsfeed. I actually feel sorry for her; she's not the type to rant. There's also one faFacebookriend who blustered about the couple's choice of a very public wedding. She claimed that if they have class, they should've chosen an intimate wedding. While it got me raising my eyebrows, I found myself respecting her opinion. After all, Mr. and Mrs. Smith chose to have a very simple and intimate wedding.


(c) Marian Rivera's official Facebook account


The wedding gained a lot of negative reaction and to be honest, it annoyed me more than the flood posts about the wedding details on my Facebook newsfeed and Twitter. Someone wrote an article bashing the couple about the 8 bishops and 7 priests who wed them, there was even an article dedicated to discussing about the 7 million peso cake, there was also this article about the couple's violation towards the Philippine's civil code against "thoughtless extravagance". All of these posts made me sad but nothing made me fuming mad than this post.




Where does this someone, who posts an article from a satirical website who had to use his wife's loaned money for the expenses, get the guts to compare his wedding to another couple's important day who worked hard for years to have the wedding that they want? Are we supposed to praise someone who let his wife spend for the wedding just because it was simple and they were the "happiest"? Well newsflash, marriage doesn't work that way.

I couldn't help myself, I got mad that I had to write a blog about people that I don't like. That's how twisted this world is. People have the heart to write negative things about a celebration of love and marriage.





I am sorry for the long post. Here's a heart shaped potato with two eggs and a knife to nourish your frozen hearts.


(c) Jake Duck's Instagram 






No comments:

Post a Comment